If you’ve been in the version 0.11.0 beta since it began a few months ago, you’ve probably been enjoying a lot of the upcoming features we’ve been reporting on. Well it finally appears that everyone without beta access will be able to play all the new features in version 0.11.0 soon as the update will finally be leaving beta and going public onto Google Play later this week.
Update: June 4th, 2015 8:22am PST: Mojang has finally released the Minecraft: Pocket Edition 0.11.0 update onto Android. It was supposed to arrive last week but for whatever reason it wasn’t. Instead it has been released today, which isn’t bad. It could have been much longer of a delay. If you have Minecraft: Pocket Edition installed, you should be able to see and download the update now.
For those of you who missed our previous coverage, there is a lot coming to the game with this update. There will be a new female character model named Alex that people can play as well as custom skins finally making their appearance officially in Minecraft: Pocket Edition. Boats will also be arriving, including different wood variants and the ability to hold two people. Fishing will also be arriving in version 0.11.0 as well as Squids. In fact there is a few new mobs arriving including baby zombies, cave spiders, and more.
Here is the full changelog for version 0.11.0:
– Multiple language support
– Boats with space for two! Take your pet for a pleasant ride.
– The ability to throw stuff from boats, including snowballs and eggs
– Fishing! Now you can fish for fishies!
– Spider jockeys!
– Cave Spiders!
– Adorable baby zombies!
– Weird chicken jockeys!
– Edible clownfish. Yum!
– A fancy new World Edit screen so you can rename worlds, change game modes and do other things
– Creative players can no longer be set on fire. Controversial
– We’ve stopped cheeky chickens from walking on water
– Animals can no longer breed without touching each other ooh err
– Drinking milk now removes mob effects
– Ridiculous amounts of bug fixes
– More cool things that you should discover for yourself
The last thing in that changelog is probably referring to things like potion effects which will be included in this update even though potions, as an item, will not be arriving in version 0.11.0. There will also be pressed Dirt blocks and other little goodies which we have covered while playing in the beta for version 0.11.0.
So when can you get your hands on this update? Version 0.11.0 for Minecraft: Pocket Edition will be arriving later this week, although no specific date was announced. It will most likely be either Thursday or Friday. We will post an update once it launches.
Official Website: Mojang Blog