Way back in March of 2013 Wargaming.net announced that they would be bringing their tank combat franchise to Android. It seemed as though development was doing good because almost a year later in March 2014, World of Tanks Blitz went into a closed beta testing phase. After that though things went a bit quiet about the release of this game… a little too quiet.
However all if good in the world where people try to kill the opposing team with rather large caliber guns attached to a heavily armored moving shell… or as they are better know as – Tanks. World of Tanks Blitz is for the most part pretty much like World of Tanks for PC. Players have a selection of tanks, based off of the actual models found in certain countries that have, or used to have military might. Once you’ve selected the tank of you choice, you will be then placed into a team and then head out onto the battlefield.
World of Tanks Blitz Features:
• Over 100 iconic vehicles from Germany, Great Britain, the United States, and the USSR
• 4 different tank classes including light, medium, heavy, and tank destroyers
• Strategic 7v7 online multiplayer gameplay
• 10 unique battle arenas
• In-game chat functionality
• Constant graphics enhancement and updates, as well as optimization for various devices
• Real-life physics to create realistic tank movement and damage mechanics
• Detailed tutorials
• Ability to invite your friends to play online
• In-game achievements
• Free to play with equal access to in-game elements for paying and non-paying players
• Easy to learn, intuitive touch screen controls
If you are not familiar with this game at all aside from the concept of it, you will be able to unlock tanks as you earn experience points, leveling yourself up. You can also customize the loadouts of each tanks to hopefully allow yourself to live a bit longer while possibly killed an enemy tank or two. In case you were wondering, yes this does come with cross-platform support. This means you could end up going up against a bunch of players on PC.
World of Tanks Blitz is now available on Google Play and just like its PC counter-part, you can download this game for free. It does feature optional IAPs should you want to take advantage of them. Be prepared though as there are a lot of games coming out onto Android today.