Gameloft officially announced that Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus would be released ‘soon’ and since then reports have ranged from Jan 18th – early February. However the only other specific date mentioned is Jan. 28th, 2011 which is right around the corner. In fact multiple sites are reporting that it will be Jan. 28th, 2011.
If you haven’t read any of the numerous articles on this site or others, here is a quick rundown of the features you’ll find in this new addition to the Modern Combat series by Gameloft.
- A new full gyro advanced control mode and QTEs have been added for even more gaming comfort.
- Throw yourself into 12 battlefields set in the Middle-East, Eastern Europe and South America.
- Use 15 weapons from real military forces that you can now gather directly from your enemies.
- Blur effects when taking fire and dynamic lightning on your weapon contribute to the immersion.
- Engage in 10-player online and local confrontations.
- Choose between 4 multiplayer modes: Battle, Team Battle, Defuse the Bomb & Capture the Flag.
While we hope that this game will be available Jan. 28th, 2011, we would suggest giving it a few days extra as we haven’t seen the usual Gameloft purchase page leak thing happen yet regarding this game.
Also Gameloft did confirm it would be bringing the entire iPhone December line-up to Android as soon as possible (over the next few months) and that the next release after Modern Combat: Black Pegasus would be… N.O.V.A 2. Gameloft also mentioned to the fine folks over at PocketGamer that they do plan to synchronize iPhone and Android game releases a lot better in the near future which means we could actually see a game at some point before the iPhone version!
As always stay tuned here for when these games are available as we will announce it like always! Until then you can always check out some concept art for N.O.V.A 2.
Developer Website: Gameloft