You’ve probably been reading all about the Asus Transformer Prime and Tegra 3 quad-core chips for the past month or two at least. Well for those of you who have been drooling over the Transformer Prime and saving up those pennies to get one, the official Asus Transformer Prime page is up and pre-order are also live over at Amazon or Asus.
Our first article today was a nice demo of the Asus Transformer Prime featuring the Tegra 3 quad-core chipset running Ice Cream Sandwich (or Android 4.0 if you like that name better). Here are the full specs for the Transformer Prime:
- Tegra 3 quad-core CPU (with 12 core GPU)
- Android™ 3.2 Honeycomb (Upgradable to Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich). This upgrade shouldn’t be too long of a wait since the video below already shows the Transformer Prime running Android 4.0
- 8.3mm slim and 586g weight
- Full QWERTY keyboard with touchpad and USB port
- Ultra-wide 178⁰ viewing angle and ultra bright Super IPS+ panel protected by scratch resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass
- MicroSD Card Reader, Micro HDMI port
- 8MP rear auto-focus camera with LED flash
- Comes with either 32GB or 64GB models
So if you have been wanting to nab the first quad-core Android device before most people, this would be your chance and get your pre-order in. The original Asus Transformer sold out pretty fast so if you are planning on grabbing one, now is the time to do it otherwise you’ll have to wait till it’s fully launched. The 32GB version will run you $499 while the 64GB edition will cost an extra hundred at $599. No exact release date has been announced yet though.
Website Referenced: Android Police
Amazon Market Link: Asus Transformer Prime Pre-Order