Konami has finally released the next addition to the PES soccer series of games onto the Android Market. PES 2012 Pro Evolution Soccer is now available for Xperia Play owners as a exclusive title to their device only, at least for right now. Great news if you are a soccer fan and own an Xperia Play.
This new addition to the PES series brings with it some new features and improvements on existing ones as well. There is a brand new Super Challenge mode where you will be able to create buy purchasing players in an on-going league. By purchasing they mean with money earned in-game and not with real money.
- New Super Challenge Mode – Build your very own dream-team by purchasing the most wanted players in an on-going league. Want Ronaldo in your team? In PES 2012 you can!
- Play Against Your Friend’s Super Challenge Teams – Defy your friends by downloading their Super Challenge teams online to play against on your phone and post the score on your Facebook to claim bragging rights.
- Improvements – With an improved AI and goalkeepers behaviours, you will soon find out why expensive players are worth every penny with dedicated high-end animations and a complete set of stats. With added crowd jeers and cheers, all new stadium, official UEFA Champions league™ and Europa League™, Liga BBVA, Ligue 1 and much, much more!
- Lot of Content – With a flurry of content such classic national teams, 24 different balls, 6 varied environmental combinations such as rain and snow, exhibition mode and 3 different controls configurations: tinkering the perfect setup will never have been so fun.
- More Gameplay Modes – Two special modes dedicated for these moments when you just have a few minutes to kill, in Quick Play you’ll be kicking in less than a minute, and in the brand new Free Kick Challenge you’ll be able to surpass your shooting skills with effects and touchscreen accuracy!
It seems Konami is really trying to compete with the FIFA series by EA which how some of these improvements and added features sound. However, they are sort of following in EA’s footsteps when it comes to how they are releasing their games. If this is indeed a temporary exclusive for the Xperia Play, which it most likely is, then PES 2012 should be available for other Android devices in about a month’s time. If you have an Xperia Play though, you can grab this right now off the Android Market for around $7.00.
Thanks to Roger Lyons for the heads up!
Developer Website: Konami Digital Entertainment
Android Market Link: PES 2012 Pro Evolution Soccer