We’ve reported on Exor Studios and their Zombie Driver game which was headed for Android for quite some time now. In fact the last time we reported on it, back in September 2012, Zombie Driver THD was slated for release on Tegra devices on October 17th, 2012. Well a couple of weeks late, but perfect for Halloween, Zombie Driver THD has finally arrived onto Google Play for Tegra-based devices.
For those of you unfamiliar with this game, Zombie Driver THD is a zombie survival game of sorts where you drive around in various vehicles, equipped with various weaponry such as flamethrowers or machine guns, and mow down as many zombies as possible. There also happens to be a variety of zombies, some of which are rather big and take a lot more effort to take down. On top of that, during this lovely zombie apocalypse, there are still some human survivors trapped in some buildings around the city. There survivors you can also attempt to rescue and hopefully not get yourself killed in the process.
Zombie Driver THD Features:
– Epic story campaign with 31 diverse missions featuring boss fights, night missions, special vehicles and more…
– Blood Race mode with 30 unique events offering the best arcade racing experience in 3 distinct game types:
· Race: classic racing spiced up with guns and loads of zombies
· Eliminator: take down as many vehicles as you can before the time runs out
· Endurance: there is a bomb on your car and its ticking. Race through checkpoints to extend your time
– Survive endless zombie waves on 7 twisted slaughter arenas
– Drive 13 insane zombie killing machines including a school bus, a fire truck, a bulldozer or even a tank
– 9 different upgrades, which can transform an innocent Taxi into a Chariot of Death
– Vehicle mounted weapons including miniguns, flamethrowers, rocket launchers or even dual railguns
– All weapons have 3 upgrade levels which come with unique features
– Dynamic combo system with tricks to help fight off the hordes of zombies
– PhysX by NVIDIA
Once you get done with the story campaign, should you even get into it, there are plenty of different other game modes to play through such as Blood Race tournament where you chase other cars and take them down on a variety of brutal racing tracks. You can also jump into the Slaughter mode to try and survive as long as possible on specially crafted arenas.
Whatever your flavor of zombie killing is, whether it is with a bus or a car, and regardless of what mode you play the game in, Zombie Driver THD has plenty of blood and zombie killing to do. This game also comes with controller support for those of you who prefer to play these types of driving games with a controller instead of touchscreen controls. You can pick up a copy of Zombie Driver THD off of Google Play or Tegra Zone for $6.99. No word just yet on if or when this game will be available for non-Tegra devices. Tegra 3 owners will receive extra effects like destructible environments and more.
It just hit the market so if you don’t see it right away, give it a minute to propagate.
Google Play Link: Zombie Driver THD
Official Website: Zombie Driver